Barks & Brew is coming up so we thought we would answer some common questions about the event:
When and where is Barks & Brew?
- Barks & Brew will take place on August 13th from 1-9. This year’s event will be hosted by NewBo City Market. The location is perfect, offering two large grass areas, a stage, and VIP seating! We are thrilled to be working with the NewBo City Market event team and collaborating with another non-profit where the proceeds go directly back to helping in our community which makes the event even more important. They do a lot of good for our community and with the expected success of Barks & Brew 2016, we are hoping the secure this as our yearly location.
What can people expect to experience at the event?
- BARKS & BREW 2016 IS PAID ENTRANCE ONLY. Past attendees have voiced their opinion, and we want them to know we were listening. The event will include music by ARF!, Bryce Janey, Danny Whitson, The Action Figures, and Avery Riot. Complimentary beer and wine tasting, cash bar, bean bag tournament, photo booth, face painting, and the BIGGEST SILENT AUCTION OF THE YEAR. No doubt Barks & Brew 2016 will to be bigger, better, and more successful than ever.
- Attendance satisfaction is most important and is what brings people back year after year. LHAR does not receive state or federal funding and relies solely on donations. Fundraisers like B&B help pay down our vet debt, offset overhead costs at the Adoption Center and ensure that the foster animals are taken care of. Luckily, team BREW CREW is an incredibly talented group of people and we can guarantee that 2016 will be bigger, better, and more successful than ever!
Can I bring my dog?
- In one word…ABSOLUTELY!
What kind of food and beverages will be available?
- Throughout the day local breweries and wineries will set up and offer samples for attendees. A big thank you to NewBo City Market for coordinating with us. We are thrilled to have complimentary tasting offered by Big Grove, Iowa Brewing Company, Lion Bridge, Millstream, Backpocket, and Cedar Ridge Winery! For those who prefer something other than beer or wine, the NewBo City Market will have vendors outside as well as inside open to the public.
How much does it cost?
- $20 in advance gets you in the door. In addition, the FIRST 200 to register will receive the 2016 commemorative growler! For those who prefer to walk in, the cost is $25.
Who will be performing the music? What kind of music will it be?
- Danny Whitson: acoustic performance with country roots
- Bryce Janey: local blues legend
- ARF!: special acoustic trio playing a mix of Americana rock with local musicians Don Scott, Ryan Roling and Al Fear
- The Action Figures: a fun group with a mix of modern and classic rock
- Avery Riot: high energy female fronted rock band playing music from the 90s to present day.
How many people do you expect?
- We are expecting 1,000 attendees this year. The more the better!
What if it rains?
- The event is rain or shine. We have two very large tents that will span most of the grassy area.
What kind of items will be available for purchase?
- Ale for Tail was an overwhelming success last year and we have decided to keep the tag line. We will have t-shirts and sweatshirts available for purchase.
How do I sign-up to attend?
- Stop by our website www.AdoptHope.org. The link is on the home page and you will also find information about sponsorship and event details.
What will the money raised from Barks & Brew be used for?
- To pay off much needed veterinarian debt, assist in the Capital Campaign and the purchase of the Adoption Center.